04 January 2011

Seven days to go

In some ways, I think this trip is bringing us closer together, unexpectedly. I didn't know closer was even possible, especially given all that the last four months of 2010 brought us to.

We went shopping . . . Or, I should say, actually MyBaby took me shopping, for the last stuff I needed for India, today. She has taken me really everywhere I've needed to go for so long, driving has been more of a first-time experience each time I've been behind the wheel than something I do regularly. It is just sad, sad that I have to get used to the car again everytime I sit behind the wheel. :)

BUT, for three hours today, she walked from one end of the mall to the other, helping me find sales. $3 sandals? Got'em! $1 anti-bacterial hand sanitizer -- from B&BW? Yup! Stuff for the kids at the India host's school? All $1? Done!

A few days ago, I was really struggling with buying new clothes for a journey to a place where so many live in poverty. Honey totally understood. She took me to Goodwill. We got the long skirts I needed, four of them, for about $20. I wasn't sure that even I understood how I felt. She understood for both of us.

Getting home tonight, we had a battle for who would cook for whom. We made dinner together. She's falling asleep now, and I already miss curling up close just before I start snoozing, too. I love her. I can't wait to be back home.

This will be an adventure for both of us. It is already, and will be, hard for us both. We don't do forced separation very well. Hell, we don't separate unless we have to. Sleeping apart just doesn't do it for us. But, as she says, it will be good for us, too. We will remember some things, and we will let some other things be forgotten. What is beautiful, important, and good for us will be strengthened and give us strength. Everything else, as Honey says, is bullsht. I like that.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

Frogspond said...

That is so sweet.

Journeys 2011 said...

You are such a romantical! ;) Love you!